The exhibition Character Roots was part of the Weltformat Festival held in Lucerne in 2018. The festival featured current Czech designers and showcased a selection of typographic posters. By comparing contemporary posters with editorial designs from previous generations, the curators invited visitors to search for and find links between the past and the present. The exhibition was complemented by a video installation by Daniela and Linda Dostálková. The exhibition included works by 20yydesigners, adela&pauline, Ondřej Báchor, Zuzana Burgrová, Tomáš Celizna, Martin Groch, Heavyweight, Jan Horčík, Cindy Kutíková, Laborator, Adam Macháček, Štěpán Marko, Jiří Mocek, Marek Nedelka, Jan Novák, Parallel Practice, Radim Peško, Martin Vácha, Daniel Vojtíšek and Nikola Wilde.
Ondřej Báchor, Xavier Erni, Thuy-An Hoang
Recent and current projects:
- Heavily working on the Synt Typeface, preparing it for it's commercial release with Dinamo Typefaces.
- Programming a new online platform for Präsens Editionen.
- Design & Programming a new website for Studio Vulkan.
- Design & Programming of a website for basel-based artist Samuli Blatter.
- Custom Typeface for the ArtEZ Graduate School.
- Helmhaus, Zurich
- Hult International Business School
- Klub Kegelbahn, Luzern
- Kunstplattform akku, Emmenbrücke
- Lucerne University, Art and Design
- Lucerne University, Institute of Tourism ITW
- Nidwaldner Museum
- NZZ Libro, Basel
- Schloss Hollenegg for Design, Graz
- University of Bern, Institute of Art History
- ZFV, Zurich
- Apprenticeship in typesetting, Zurich (2008)
- BA Graphic Design at HSLU (2012)
- MA Type Design at ECAL (2018)
- UDK Berlin (2019)
- Hochschule Luzern (2019)
- Fachklasse Basel (2019)
- Shortlist for Josef Müller-Brockmann Prize (2019)
- 100 Beste Plakate CH DE AT (2014, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- Werkbeitrag Kanton Luzern (2015)
- The Most Beautiful Swiss Books (2015)
- Tokyo Type Directors Club, Annual Book (2015)
- «Designing Tools», Weltformat, Lucerne (2019)
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland, International Poster Competition (2018)
- Swiss Style Now, Weltformat, Lucerne (2018)
- «Poster Town», Taiwan (2017)
- Chaumont Design Graphique (2015)
- Swiss Graphic Design, Seoul (2014)
© Kaj Lehmann, 2019. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or images, may be used for any purpose other than personal use, unless written, explicit authorization is given by Kaj Lehmann. English translations by N. Cyril Fischer. This website is using cookies, btw.