Rungli is a friendly serif typeface based on a straightforward vector drawing. It provides a smooth reading experience in small text-sizes, while at big sizes its quirky features become apparent. The circular serifs are beneficial when using Rungli with CNC or foil cutters. Rungli is historically rooted in the Century Oldstyle family which was developed by Morris Fuller Benton in the beginning of the 20th century. Rungli further develops the sanguine character of the original typeface by adding a variety of features like circular or expanding letter-shapes.
écal (Simon Mager, Leonardo Azzolini, Radim Peško, Chi-Long Trieu), Igino Marini, Dorothee Dähler, Ondrej Bachor & Davide Tomatis.
Recent and current projects:
- New zweikommasieben #21 out now!
- Pre-Release of Synt, a scotch-style typeface distributed by Dinamo Typefaces.
- New online platform for Präsens Editionen.
- Design & Programming of a website for basel-based artist Samuli Blatter.
- Custom Typeface for the ArtEZ Graduate School.
- Helmhaus, Zurich
- Hult International Business School
- Klub Kegelbahn, Luzern
- Kunstplattform akku, Emmenbrücke
- Lucerne University, Art and Design
- Lucerne University, Institute of Tourism ITW
- Nidwaldner Museum
- NZZ Libro, Basel
- Schloss Hollenegg for Design, Graz
- University of Bern, Institute of Art History
- ZFV, Zurich
- Apprenticeship in typesetting, Zurich (2008)
- BA Graphic Design at HSLU (2012)
- MA Type Design at ECAL (2018)
- UDK Berlin (2019)
- Hochschule Luzern (2019)
- Fachklasse Basel (2019)
- Shortlist for Josef Müller-Brockmann Prize (2019)
- 100 Beste Plakate CH DE AT (2014, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- Werkbeitrag Kanton Luzern (2015)
- The Most Beautiful Swiss Books (2015)
- Tokyo Type Directors Club, Annual Book (2015)
- «Designing Tools», Weltformat, Lucerne (2019)
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland, International Poster Competition (2018)
- Swiss Style Now, Weltformat, Lucerne (2018)
- «Poster Town», Taiwan (2017)
- Chaumont Design Graphique (2015)
- Swiss Graphic Design, Seoul (2014)
© Kaj Lehmann, 2019. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or images, may be used for any purpose other than personal use, unless written, explicit authorization is given by Kaj Lehmann. English translations by N. Cyril Fischer. This website is using cookies, btw.