The City of Zurich Art Grants Exhibition is a group exhibition of 40 positions with one common denominator: its artists living in Zurich. Part of the briefing was to work with the names of the artists. The design-process was mainly experiments on how to structure lists of names, resulting in the decision to work with the word «und» (and) to separate, yet bring together each name in ultimately one single sentence. By silkscreen-printing one name on each poster, the list of names was then spread geographically and randomly throughout the city.
Recent and current projects:
- Design & Programming of a website for basel-based artist Samuli Blatter.
- Design & Programming of zooofthefuture.com, a platform rethinking the contemporary zoo.
- The Typeface Rungli was released at Ecal Typefaces in March 2019.
- Exhibition communications for Kunststipendien der Stadt Zürich, opened July 2019 at Helmhaus Zürich.
- Helmhaus, Zurich
- Hult International Business School
- Klub Kegelbahn, Luzern
- Kunstplattform akku, Emmenbrücke
- Lucerne University, Art and Design
- Lucerne University, Institute of Tourism ITW
- Nidwaldner Museum
- NZZ Libro, Basel
- Schloss Hollenegg for Design, Graz
- University of Bern, Institute of Art History
- ZFV, Zurich
- Apprenticeship in typesetting, Zurich (2008)
- BA Graphic Design at HSLU (2012)
- MA Type Design at ECAL (2018)
- UDK Berlin (2019)
- Hochschule Luzern (2019)
- Fachklasse Basel (2019)
- 100 Beste Plakate CH DE AT (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Werkbeitrag Kanton Luzern (2015)
- The Most Beautiful Swiss Books (2015)
- Tokyo Type Directors Club, Annual Book (2015)
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland, International Poster Competition (2018)
- Swiss Style Now, Weltformat, Lucerne (2018)
- «Poster Town», Taiwan (2017)
- Chaumont Design Graphique (2015)
- Swiss Graphic Design, Seoul (2014)
© Kaj Lehmann, 2019. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or images, may be used for any purpose other than personal use, unless written, explicit authorization is given by Kaj Lehmann. English translations by N. Cyril Fischer. This website is using cookies, btw.